Can I get a PLUS loan for a graduate student?

You can get a PLUS loan for a graduate student just as easily as you can for an undergraduate. In fact, to compensate for the fact that graduate degrees can be costly, graduate PLUS loan limits are higher than undergraduate limits. To apply, contact the financial aid office at the school of your child's choosing. Ask if the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is accepted for the graduate program. If so, obtain a copy of the application and fill it out for the current semester or term your student will be entering. You will hear back within two weeks in most cases.

Need a Student Loan? Click here!