Home loans are lending vehicles designed to help people purchase and/or improve real estate. There are a variety home loan options available to consumers, depending on their personal needs and circumstances. Actual mortgage rates can depend on the vehicle selected and the personal credit standing of the borrower. Figuring out which home loans make the most sense will depend on whether a borrower is looking to purchase new or is considering mortgage refinancing. Home equity loans can assist with improvements and there are bad credit home loans that might help people with a troubled credit past buy a place of their own. When home loans are under consideration, it is smart to use a mortgage calculator to estimate the costs of borrowing.
Having debts discharged in bankruptcy gives borrowers a fresh start financially. They are no longer responsible to pay the sums owed to previous lenders, and those lenders can no longer seek action against them to collect. Unfortunately, there are a lot of downsides to bankruptcy to go along with... »
- How to Qualify for a Joint Mortgage When the Co-Borrowers Have Bad Credit
- Getting a Joint Mortgage when the Applicants have Bad Credit
- How the Recession Affects the Approval of Home Loans for People with Bad Credit
- The Disadvantages of Having a Cosigner on Your Home Mortgage
FHA loan requirements are as stringent as the most discerning lender's. Many people are confused in thinking the FHA will guarantee a loan to an individual who would not otherwise meet lender requirements. In fact, the FHA needs to assure the borrower has a very low chance of default.... »
- VA Loans: Credit Problems that Could Be Roadblocks in Approval
- Minimizing VA Closing Costs
- Valid VA Loan Properties
- VA Loan Eligibility
A stated income HELOC (home equity line of credit) uses the equity in your home as collateral for a revolving credit line. Often, HELOCs are issued just like credit cards. The limits tend to be very high, in the tens of thousands of dollars, because the lender has a... »
- When and How to Get a Stated Income Second Mortgage
- What are the requirements for a renovation loan?
- What Are the Benefits of a 100 LTV Home Equity Loan?
- What are the consequences of defaulting on a 100 LTV home equity Loan?
If you are trying to decide between a short sale and a foreclosure, there are many details that you need to pay attention to. It is a difficult decision to make, and when you are already faced with losing your home, you need to choose the right one for... »
- How Long Does Homeowners' Title Insurance Last?
- How to Get the Best Construction Loan Rates
- 2 Reasons Hard Money Construction Loans Are a Bad Idea
- 4 Questions to Ask Construction Loan Lenders
Adjustable rates on mortgages, on the whole, are a bad idea. They leave you with a degree of unpredictability regarding the cost of your loan. This makes it hard to compare when you are sourcing the loan. Furthermore, you may end up paying far more for a home than... »
- How a Slow Economy Affects Mortgage Refinance Rates
- How to Calculate your Mortgage Interest Rate
- Why Mortgage Rates Fluctuate
- How to Qualify for a Low Interest Mortgage
Getting a mortgage refinance in divorce proceedings is very common. Here are the basics of getting a mortgage refinance when a divorce is involved. Why a Refinance Is Necessary Many times when a couple is going through divorce, they will need to refinance the mortgage on their home. In... »
- What Is a No Cost Refinance?
- 4 Reasons to Do a No-Cost Refinance
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) Eligibility Requirements
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP): The Role of the Loan Servicer